This presentation will address how to effectively prepare for and deal with testimony of defense expert witnesses at trial. The lecture will focus on the following:
1) An overview of Expert Witness Testimony under Arizona rules;
2) Methods of researching background and expertise of expert witnesses for pretrial interview and trial purposes;
3) Conducting a meaningful pretrial interview;
4) Developing strategies for an effective cross-examination of the witness at trial and
5) Arguing/impeaching the expert's credibility within the legal boundaries.