This presentation will address how to effectively prepare for and deal with testimony of defense expert witnesses at trial. The lecture will focus on the following:
1) An overview of Expert Witness Testimony under Arizona rules;
2) Methods of researching background and expertise of expert witnesses for pretrial interview and trial purposes;
3) Conducting a meaningful pretrial interview;
4) Developing strategies for an effective cross-examination of the witness at trial and
5) Arguing/impeaching the expert's credibility within the legal boundaries.
Susan Eazer, Deputy County Attorney, Yavapai County Attorney's Office
Sue Eazer is an Arizona Prosecutor with 29 years of experience in prosecuting child abuse, sex crimes, gang, homicide and capital cases.